My Learning Line

My learning line probably starts a lot earlier than play school, mainly because of the interactions with other people (whether adult or child) where I most likely learned that people make both stupid noises and faces at me. Seriously though, prior to play school I learned language syntax, and how to walk, and many things that seem so insignificant now, but without which, I wouldn't be the person I am today.


Primary and Church we're completely new experiences, and showed me what friendships we're. I learned basic arithmetic, English, and the sciences during primary, and moral values and religion from Church.

Secondary is where I feel I matured the most. You learn that the world isn't all happy-shiny and can be fairly nasty when it wants to be. Several language trips broadened my awareness of culture and differences therein.

A paper round and work experience gave me a glimpse into the 'real world' and showed me that education was for me :P However, they did make me appreciate team work and highlighted how outgoing I actually was. Something that has always helped me in difficult or unusual situations.

So I headed back to sixth form and was given the chance to choose my subjects, which was a big deal! I had the chance to either chose a career path or completely screw my life up (or at least that's what the decision felt like.)

Next was learning to drive, and this has given me almost boundless freedom.

Driving however requires petrol, and that is a commodity with a price tag. So the Apple Store was where I was headed next.

Apple instilled in me some awesome communication techniques that have helped me through hundreds of customer interactions, and personal encounters. They also let me develop technical skill in the form of Genius training. Unfortunately they couldn't support my desire for more knowledge and that landed me in university :)